Makes: 4 servings
These little bundles of chocolate goodness are simply heaven on a spoon. The combination of chocolate and hazelnut will have you hanging on by your fingertips.
- 3 cups hazelnuts
- 16 whole Zahidi dates, rough chopped
- 2 tsp hazelnut extract (for raw purists try adding an extra 1/8 cup hazelnuts and tsp agave)
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate ganache (see below)
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder – do not use liquid extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 tsp maca
To make ganache, place all ingredients in a blender and process until creamy and smooth. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Place the hazelnuts and salt in the food processor and process until nuts are finely ground into a nice meal.
- Add the dates, then process again until the mixture begins to hold together.
- Next add the cacao powder, vanilla powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and hazelnut liqueur.
- Process again until the cacao is well blended throughout the entire mixture.
- Place 1/3 cup of the cake mix in each of the ramekins and press the mixture down with your fingers to compact.
- Add 2 TBS of the chocolate ganache to the top of each cake filled ramekin.
- Top the cakes with the remaining cake mixture evenly among the 4 cups; approximately 2 TBS of the cake mixture.
- Again slightly press down to encase the chocolate ganache.
- Dehydrate at 105F for 15 hours.
Recipe by Chef Tina Jo, courtesy of Sunfood.com