This process of molecular gastronomy is called gelification. It is not raw, as you have to heat the agar agar algae to gel, but I couldn’t withhold this new modern approach!
– 1 sachet (2 g) AGAR-AGAR
-1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Put a glass of olive oil in the freezer for 30 min.
2. In a pan, mix the vinegar and agar agar. Bring to a boil.
3. Pour the vinegar into a bowl and fill a pipette or a cooking syringe.
4. Dribble vinegar into the cold oil glass. If using a syringe, hold it parallel to the table.
5. Using a pierced spoon, collect the pearls thus formed and put them in a bowl of water to rinse. Serve on desired dish.
Please note: Use a deep glass filled with very cold oil so the pearls will be perfectly round and jellied when reaching the bottom of the glass.
courtesy of Molecular Gastronomy